Wrongful Death Lawyers in Pasadena
Helping Those Left Behind Achieve Justice
Since 1994, Tedford & Associates has helped many families in the Los Angeles County area recover damages for the death of a loved one that was caused by the wrongful actions or in-actions of others. We understand the immense amount of grief and pain you are probably feeling, and will do everything in our power to guide you through this time with care and compassion.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In California, you only have two years from the date of your loved one's death to file a wrongful death claim, so we encourage you to reach out to our firm as soon as possible. The more quickly we start working on your case, the more successful our efforts will be.
According to California law, a surviving spouse or domestic partner and/or surviving children can initiate a wrongful death suit to obtain compensation for:
- Financial support formerly provided by the deceased loved one.
- Funeral and burial expenses.
- The economic value of household services the deceased would have provided.
- Loss of companionship, love and support.
What Causes Wrongful Death?
Car accidents are among the leading cause of death in the United States. Since these accidents are frequently caused by negligent actions, they are almost always qualify for wrongful death claims.
Our firm also handles at of claims that resulted from:
- Construction accidents. Workers or pedestrians may be killed when construction accidents occur. Falling scaffolding and ladders, explosions and fires, falling debris and defective machinery can all contribute to fatal situations.
- Truck accidents. Fatalities are common in truck accidents. We bring in our team of experts to establish negligence and seek compensation for the grieving family.
- Motorcycle accidents. Bikers take risks each day on the road, even with protective helmets. When death occurs in motorcycle accidents, affected families can reach out to Tedford & Associates for experienced help with obtaining wrongful death compensation.
- Bus accidents. Surviving family members of a passenger or pedestrian killed in a bus accident may have grounds to bring a wrongful death suit against the bus driver, the bus company and perhaps even a governmental entity, such as a school district when a school bus was involved.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents. The families of bicyclists and pedestrians killed by speeding cars, buses or trucks or by distracted or DUI drivers need strong legal advocacy to establish wrongful death. At Tedford & Associates, we have the necessary investigative and litigation skills to help families recover monetary damages for their losses.
- Dog bites. By law, a dog owner owes a duty of care to others. When dog bites result in death, we hold dog owners accountable for their pets' actions and their own negligence.
- Premises liability. Property owners and managers must keep their premises clear of hazards. When they violate that legal duty and someone dies, they should be held accountable so it doesn't happen to another family. If you lost a loved one because of a slip and fall accident on broken pavement, a falling object in a store, a poorly maintained stairwell or dim parking lot, or any other property defect, we can hold the owner accountable for wrongful death.
Contact an Attorney Who Can Fight for Your Rights
Since 1994, the Pasadena wrongful death lawyers at Tedford & Associates has been helping Los Angeles County families recover monetary damages for the premature loss of their loved ones caused by someone else's negligence. Let us know your situation so we can discuss your legal options. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay us nothing upfront.
We work to ensure that justice is done. Our office is easily accessible by car or public transportation. Contact us if you've lost a loved one because of someone else's wrongful actions or inaction. We offer free consultations to all prospective clients.
Call us today at (626) 325-0142 or contact us online.
Motorcycle Crash $2,750,000.00
Disability Discrimination $1,000,000.00
Construction Accident: Crane Injuries $995,000.00
Insurance Bad Faith $900,000.00
Rear-end Auto Accident: Neck and Toe Injury 850,000.00
Dog Bite $340,000.00
I-5 Tunnel Crash: Truck Accident $300,000.00
Police Brutality: Use of Taser $225,000.00
Rear-end Auto Accident: Lumbar Injury $185,000.00
Dog Bite $184,000.00
If I could give 10 stars, I would.- James H.
They are the best!!!!- Adelle A.
He is very sharp and can handle complex litigation.- Sammy D.
He takes every case personally and fights for his clients with skill, passion and tireless effort.- Bill A.
Having Tedford and Adrianos on my side felt like having genuine people who adhered to ethics and due diligence.- Tarika S.