Dog Bite Injury Claims Are Not Necessarily Clear-Cut
personal injury law firms do not take dog bite cases seriously, but we do. Children are
often the victims, and they need our help.
We delve into the facts concerning each dog bite case, answering questions such as:
- Does the dog have a history of dog bites?
- Was the victim on the dog owner's property?
- If so, was the victim invited or trespassing?
- Did the victim provoke the dog's aggressive behavior?
- Did the dog owner witness the attack and take any action?
- Was the dog restrained?
Dog Bite Statistics Offer Startling Information
The American Humane Association has reported some alarming statistics:
- Nearly 5 million dog bites happen in the United States each year.
- Nearly 800,000 dog bites require medical treatment.
- About 92 percent of fatal dog attacks involved male dogs.
- About 25 percent of fatal dog attacks involved chained dogs.
- About 24 percent of fatal dog attacks involved unrestrained dogs off the
- About 58 percent of fatal dog attacks involved unrestrained dogs on the
- About 71 percent of dog bites involved arms, legs, hands and feet.
- At least 25 different dog breeds have been involved in fatal attacks.
- About 66 percent of dog bites happened on or near the victim's property,
and most victims knew the dog.
- 70 percent of the victims who died from dog bites were children under the
age of 10.
While some breeds, such as pit bulls and Rottweilers, have reputations
for biting, they are certainly not the only breeds that do so.
Common Dog Bite Injuries
Injuries resulting from dog bites and aggressive attacks range from relatively
minor to severe, in addition to death:
- Serious bruising
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD)
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring or disfigurement
Seeking immediate medical attention following a dog attack is always a
good idea. Medical records will be an important tool for your
dog bite attorney in establishing the dog owner's negligence. If a loved one was killed
because of a dog's aggressive behavior, you may have grounds for a
wrongful death action.
Contact an Experienced Dog Bite Attorney for Immediate Help
Tedford & Associates in Pasadena helps dog bite and dog attack victims
throughout Los Angeles County get the compensation they deserve for their
injuries. You pay no legal fees upfront. We offer convenient appointments
and are easily accessible just off the Foothill Freeway.
Call us today at (626) 793-7270 or contact us
online to tell us about your situation and to schedule your free initial consultation.