Legal Defense in Pasadena for Kidnapping Charges
Skilled Criminal Defense Attorneys
In California, as in most states, kidnapping is defined as the taking of a person against his or her will to another location in which the taken person does not have the freedom of movement, will, or decision through violence, threat, force or intimidation. False imprisonment is many times added to the charges, and any harm inflicted on the taken individual can also raise the degree of felony.
If you have been charged with kidnapping, it is important to take the critical first step of hiring an experienced Pasadena kidnapping defense attorney. Here at Tedford & Associates, we produce results for our clients by taking the time to understand each individual situation, thoroughly reviewing the facts, and forming a defense that protects your rights at all costs.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.
Types of Kidnapping & Penalties
In California types of kidnappings include:
- Simple Kidnapping - Punishable by 3-8 years in a state prison.
- Aggravated Kidnapping - Punishable by life in prison with the possibility for parole.
- Extortion by Posing as Kidnapper - Punishable by 2-4 years in a state prison.
- Kidnapping During Carjacking - Punishable by life in state prison with possibility for parole.
- Parental Kidnapping - Misdemeanor charge punishable by a maximum of one year in county jail; felony charge punishable by 2-4 years in a state prison.
Defenses Against Kidnapping Charges
No matter the circumstances, a defense can always be formed to effectively protect your rights. In the case of kidnapping, there are several ways to defend against a conviction.
These defenses include:
- Insufficient evidence
- Mistaken identity
- Lack of physical evidence
- Proving that charged person is legally entrusted with custody of the kidnapped individual
By contacting a Pasadena criminal defense attorney as soon as possible, you greatly increase your chance for a successful outcome. We are here to guide you through your case, step by step. Don't take chances with your future by trying to go through this alone. Get a dedicated attorney on your side.
Get started with a free consultation from Tedford & Associates in Pasadena by calling (626) 325-0142 now.
Driving Under the Influence DA doesn’t File Charges
Evading Arrest Charge Case Dismissed
Alleged Assault Rejected by DA Office
Lewd Conduct Charge Reached Favorable Plea Agreement
Alleged Assault With Weapon Case Dismissed
Brandishing a Firearm Decision for Acquittal
Spousal Abuse Charge Agreement for Dismissal
If I could give 10 stars, I would.- James H.
They are the best!!!!- Adelle A.
He is very sharp and can handle complex litigation.- Sammy D.
He takes every case personally and fights for his clients with skill, passion and tireless effort.- Bill A.
Having Tedford and Adrianos on my side felt like having genuine people who adhered to ethics and due diligence.- Tarika S.