Pasadena Assault Defense Lawyers
Offering Comprehensive Representation to Protect Your Best Interests
A physical attack on another person, even if it amounted to no physical harm, can result in an assault charge. A charge of this nature can carry serious implications that may affect a person for the rest of their life. If you have been charged with assault, it is imperative that you hire a skilled attorney with the experience to provide you with the strongest defense possible.
Since 1994, Tedford & Associates have successfully advocated for numerous clients in the Pasadena area. Our firm is dedicated to the ideals of compassion for clients and a commitment to produce results, and no matter what your situation may be, a thorough defense is guaranteed when you let our attorneys serve you.
Contact us today to get solid legal support from a Pasadena criminal defense lawyer.
Types of Assault & Penalties
- Assault - General assault can be defined as the threat or attempt to strike another individual who is aware of the imminent danger. Depending on the state, some legislatures differentiate between first and second degree assaults depending on the circumstances. Assault is generally considered a misdemeanor and can result in up to six months in a county jail and a maximum fine of $1,000.
- Aggravated assault - The act of physically attacking another individual, including with a dangerous or deadly weapon that results in serious bodily harm to that individual. Aggravated assault is usually a felony charge punishable by a term in state prison. Aggravated assault can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony, making the penalties vary widely according to the individual circumstances.
Assault Convictions in California
In order for the defendant to be convicted of an assault charge, all of the following must be true to a criminal jury:
- The defendant acted in a way that would likely result in the use of force against another individual.
- The defendant did so willfully.
- The defendant was aware that the actions would lead a reasonable person to believe that the act would lead to physical force and/or harm.
- The defendant had the ability to apply force to the other person.
Contact a Compassionate & Skilled Attorney
Tedford & Associates has the expertise to review your case and form a defense that protects your rights at all costs. We offer free consultations to all prospective clients so that you can feel confident about moving forward. During our confidential appointment, we will encourage you to share all the details of your case so that we can help you to decide on the best course of action to take. We can also clear up any concerns or answer any questions that you might have.
Get your defense started by calling our Pasadena criminal defense attorneys at (626) 325-0142.
Driving Under the Influence DA doesn’t File Charges
Evading Arrest Charge Case Dismissed
Alleged Assault Rejected by DA Office
Lewd Conduct Charge Reached Favorable Plea Agreement
Alleged Assault With Weapon Case Dismissed
Brandishing a Firearm Decision for Acquittal
Spousal Abuse Charge Agreement for Dismissal
If I could give 10 stars, I would.- James H.
They are the best!!!!- Adelle A.
He is very sharp and can handle complex litigation.- Sammy D.
He takes every case personally and fights for his clients with skill, passion and tireless effort.- Bill A.
Having Tedford and Adrianos on my side felt like having genuine people who adhered to ethics and due diligence.- Tarika S.